On Tuesday the Year 6 students are visiting JPC for the afternoon. Please note there is not transport provided, Students need to be at JPC at 12pm.
We are going to Rainbow Fairy Springs on 30th November. We need some parents/ Grandparents to help transport and supervise. Notices will be coming home this week. Please email me if you are available to help. The cost of the trip will be $3 for students and adults will need to pay $5.
We are swimming every day this week.
Ahurei practice 9-10am
Ahurei practice 9-10am
Interschool Athletics (some students only)
School singing practice
- 21st November: JPC Orientation Day for Year 6s
- 23rd November: Coaches Thank You Evening
- Friday 24th November: Ahurei Performance
- 27 November: Teacher Only Day
- 30 November: ELL Picnic
- 30 November: Totara Trip out
- 30 November: Kakano and Manuka teams’ Celebration with parents
- 1st December: Year 6 Retreat
- 2nd December: Rotorua Christmas Parade
- 7th December: Junior Big Day Out
- 8th December: Reports issued to Yr 3-6 students
- 8th December: End of year Mass
- 12th December: Prizegiving
- 13th December: Junior Athletics Day
- 14th December: School Tryathlon
- 15th December: Missioning of Year 6 students
To St Mary’s parents, caregivers and community,
Last year our church community supported ‘Angel Tree’ which is a branch of the ‘Prison Fellowship of New Zealand’ (PFNZ), a Christian charitable organisation that was founded over 40 years ago. For 18 years PFNZ and angel tree have been making a difference at Christmas for children with a parent or grandparent in prison. Last year nearly 4000 children benefitted nationwide, and our church community supported 42 of those children. This year through our school community we are hoping to support 50 local Rotorua children.
This is how it works and how you can help. By the end of this week a Christmas tree will be in the office foyer with 50 gift tags on it. On each tag is written a child’s name, age and a present suggestion from their caregivers. Gifts are $25 each, please support angel tree by taking a tag and buying a present. When you have bought the present bring it back to school UNWRAPPED and with the tag attached by Friday 8th December.
If you can’t get to the school office to pick up a tag, please text or phone me and a tag will be sent home in an envelope with your child. Angel tree would prefer that children didn’t select the tags to take them home.
Your support helps local Rotorua children receive a gift from their loved one at Christmas.
For any questions or to organise a tag to be sent home please phone Rachel Schuster on 0274461351
Thank you for your help and support,
The Rotorua Angel tree team
The Young Vinnies are also coordinating a ‘can drive’ and the cans will be given to the Vinnies food bank.